To provide better communication and understanding of our curriculum, each grade level here at Pecan Grove Elementary has produced expectations for each quarter based on AZ State Standards and District Curriculum. We hope this allows you to support your child more effectively in their studies. If you have any questions regarding your child’s curriculum, we encourage you to arrange a conference with your child’s teacher.
Here are a few ways to use this information to assist your child:
- Get books about the subjects from the library.
- Ask your children more specific questions about what they are learning. Speaking about what they learn allows the children to better form their understanding of material.
- Have your child draw pictures or write letters about his/her studies to family members.
- Take your own field trip with your child.
- Watch documentaries about the topics (Public Television/History Channel/Animal Planet).